This is the professional homepage of Arash Abadpour.
I finished my Ph.D. at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Manitoba, under the supervision of Professor A. S. Alfa. I currently work in the Imaging Group at Epson Edge, Epson Canada Limited, as a Researcher. I have previously worked as a Researcher for TRLabs, Winnipeg. I can be reached at the phone number +1 647 567 3487 or through the email address email@example.com.
I have been a blogger since October 2004, when I started blogging in English under the pen name Kamangir (Archer). I started a Persian blog with the same name in May 2007. Later in 2012, English Kamangir was deactivated. Based on different independent statistics, collected in 2012, Persian Kamangir is among the twenty most–read Persian blogs on the net. Posts from Persian Kamangir are widely shared on different social networks and are referenced by other Persian bloggers as well as Persian media sources. Several Persian–language news and media websites have reproduced or actively reproduce content from Persian Kamangir in their websites. More info on what I do on the social media on kamangir.net.
You can download my complete CV in pdf format or visit this page to download my academic papers. A long version of my CV can be found here. A list of some of my public appearances can be found on this page. A resume containing references to my online activities, as Arash Kamangir, can be found here.
- Arash Abadpour, “Thoughts on the Iranian internet question”, in Computer Crimes in Iran: Online Repression in Practice, Article 19, 5 December 2013 (pdf)
- 26 June 2013 – New report, “An Open Letter to the Future President of Iran, Iranian Internet users describe better Internet in an open letter to Dr. Hassan Rouhani, the President-elect of Iran.”, June 2013.
- 9 June 2013 – Coauthored the Iran Section of Hivos report on Internet Governess, “Internet Governance, The quest for an open Internet in the Middle East and Northern Africa“
- 2 April 2013 – Method And Apparatus For Object Pose Estimation, US Patent Application Number 20130051626, Filing Date August 30, 2011.
- 8 March 2013 – Published: Arash Abadpour and Collin Anderson, “Fights, Adapts, Accepts: Archetypes of Iranian Internet Use“, Iran Media Program and Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania.
Last update: December 2013