This is the professional homepage of Arash Abadpour.
I finished my Ph.D. at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, University of Manitoba, under the supervision of Professor Attahiru S. Alfa and my M.Sc. in Sharif University of Technology, under the supervision of Dr. Shohreh Kasaei. I am currently a Senior Scientific Developer at Fio Corporation, Toronto, Canada. Previously, I was a Research Scientist at Intellijoint Surgical (IJS), Waterloo, Canada, for fifteen months. Before that, I was a Researcher with the Imaging Group at Epson Edge, Epson Canada Limited, for six years. I have previously worked as a Researcher for TRLabs, Winnipeg. I can be reached at the phone number +1 647 567 3487 or through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am enthusiastic about systems that survive, whether a living organism that evolves and adapts to the changing environment or an algorithm that is robust against noise and the unseen. I have a Ph.D. in electrical engineering, and I have indeed worked as an electrical engineer in the past, yet the best thing that I am capable of doing, and love doing, and have been grappling with in the past ten years, is designing algorithms that distantly resemble human cognition, especially in the fields of vision and visual perception. That effort has resulted in 10+ patents, 10+ journal papers, a stable and growing career, and, most importantly, the passion and conviction that general intelligence will be constructed by mankind before I stop breathing. I like books and films and music and I am interested in writing, both for silicone machines as well as flesh ones. I am an amateur digital arts hobbyist and I am fascinated by the Socratic method. Life is too precious for work to be a mere survival mechanism.
- October 2018, Four New Patents – list of patents.
- November 2017, Patent Published Systems, methods and devices to scan 3d surfaces for intra-operative localization, International Publication Number WO2017185170A1, Priority Date 28 April 2016 (pdf).
- August 2017 – Three patents filed. Detailed will be posted upon completion of the patenting process.
- December 2016 – Full text of different works is now available as hard copy on Amazon.
- November 2016 – Posted unpublished works related to the domain of fuzzy clustering in the Submitted Works Section. These works are pending review for publication in different journals.
- April 2016 – Joined Fio Corporation as Senior Scientific Developer
- October 2015, New Paper – Arash Abadpour, “Rederivation of the Fuzzy-Possibilistic Clustering Objective Function through Bayesian Inference”, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Accepted for Publication, October 2015 (pdf).
- September 2015, Patent Published – Holocam Systems and Methods, US Patent US20150261184, Publication Date 17 September 2015 (pdf).
- August 2015, New Paper – Arash Abadpour, “Incorporating spatial context into fuzzy-possibilistic clustering using Bayesian inference”, Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems, Accepted for Publication, August 2015.
Last update: January 2019